Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Diplomat will see you now.

An urgent plea for assistance recalled me from Northend to the Outlands. After may hours my work with the Kurenai along with the Sporeggar and Timbermaw has paid off I am now Thracyyus the Diplomat. My first act as diplomat is to give accolades to Maevet and Rilgon of the alternate realm of Steamweedle Cartel and to my new Orcish commenter Kordwar of Ravenholdt. For their notice of another hunter engineer, Hip, Hip, Huzzah!

Following in Rilgon's footstep's I have new shoulders and learned how to make a Mark 'S' Boomstick. Mining of cobalt ore was limiting me and in the Borean Tundra it is in short supply. However once I ventured into the Howling Fjord I found deposits much easier to claim. But noticed more traffic coming there so those deposits will probably become hard to come by too.

My latest task is to become exalted with the Kalu'ak 7760/21000 to obtain their fishing rod, ETA nine days. I already have picked up their choice mail chest and polearm but need to level to use them. For level 74 I will be replacing my neck with Loque'Nahak's Severed Fang of the Bandit (+28AGI +42STA +56ATK), my ring with King's Eyesocket of the Bandit (+28AGI +42STA +56ATK), and my wrists with Darkweb Bindings. Currently engineering is at 402 and mining at 430.

7 comments:

Rilgon Arcsinh said...

Cobalt = Zul'Drak.

Yes, the mobs are 76-ish, but A) you have an epic land mount, B) you're a Hunter, so C) you have a ridiculous amount of tools to avoid death. FD, Freezing Traps, and your pet alone can keep you kicking for way longer than you otherwise should.

Hell, I was mining Saronite and Titanium out in Icecrown before a guildmate told me that it's more abundant and less risky in Scholazar Basin. :P

Kordwar said...

i gotta agree with the space goat on that, i was in ZD at 73 taking on a few things at a time. the cobalt there is sweetly abundent.

If you have the monkey glpyh just keep in monkey and circle kite around a frost trap and you can easily take down things way higher than you.

Oh by the way congrats on the title man.

That polearm is godly, i was doing some wowhead research and the only things better than it drop from naxx and 10 man Eye of Eternity, smart hunters will know to snag it and throw +35 agil on there.

Rilgon Arcsinh said...

Really, Kordwar? You wouldn't rather have twin Savage Cobalt Slicers with +50 AP?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41182

88 Agi, 58 Hit, 120 AP versus 69 Agi, 40 Hit, and 100 AP. (not counting enchants)

I'm already scrounging up mats for my Slicers and I don't foresee replacing them until well into Naxxramas.

Kordwar said...

Good lord! that's a huge oversight on my behalf, thanks for the heads up Rilgon. I'll be getting a pair of those with +20 agil as soon as i can. I like the look of them alot too. now i have three things to look forward to at 74: those, dragonhawk and my new wolf skin.

Rilgon Arcsinh said...

And the mats are cheap as fuck, too. Like... 12 Saronite and 16 Cobalt? It takes more than that to level Engineering once. XD

And seriously... I just can't find a better pair of one-handers OR a two-hander that beats those things, even in Heroic 80 instances. I can EASILY see myself taking those swords into Naxxramas with no qualms at ALL.

Kordwar said...

hell, i think i have that in my bags rght now. say, what did you make after 405 to get your eng up? i put rockets on my boots and thats about it for now. Put em to good use last night too, almost dead and jumped by a rogue. trinket, scatter, zooooooooooooooom off the side of the mountain and land safely thanks to my flexweave underlay.

Rilgon Arcsinh said...

I JUST did a post on SES about Engineering.